BIETC is a mandatory loading document for all shipments to Gabon. It is required for Libreville, Owenco, Mayumba or any other port. It is also known as CTN and BSC. It was determined as a regulation in 2010 by the Gabon Customs Officials. Failing to present the BIETC document will lead to severe consequences and a fine.
All merchandise towards Gabon (in transit included) is subject to a BIETC (ECTN) declaration (compulsory),
The BIETC declaration should be requested by the Charger BEFORE loading of cargo: this implies even before draft bill of merchandise.
BIETC No. should be mentioned on the Bill of lading
Timeframe for validation of Gabon BIETC
- 5 calendar days after sailing for shipments with departure Africa.
- 10 calendar days after sailing for shipments with departure Europe.
- 15 calendar days after sailing for shipments with departure America, Asia and Oceania.
If the BIETC declaration wasn’t filed by the charger before loading, the Gabonese client can should file the request at his aspect however against a penalty of 50% of the worth of the Freight manifest, so as to recover his merchandise,
- Bill of Lading .
- Commercial Invoice
- Export Customs Declaration
- SPEED will check the provided document and advise whether it is correct or amendment needded.
- S[EED will issue invoice for client payment .
- On receiving payment , SPEED will release BIETC No. with draft.
- On receiving confirmation and scan OBL, SPEED will validate the BIETC.
- Client will forward the validated BIETC in file pdf to consignee for clearance.
If any questions, please feel free to contact us.