The cargo will not be cleared at the customs without a valid CTN certificate/number. Since cargo could not be cleared at customs until a valid CTN is presented, the demurrage fee will be in question in addition to a penalty fee at the customs.
CTN must be validated 5 days before the vessel arrives at the port.
Validation of the certificate will take 2 to 3 days and is under the initiative of the authorities.
Document require :
- Bill of Lading
- Commercial Invoice
- Freight Invoice (if the freight value is not noted on the commercial invoice)
Process flowchart :
1. SPEED will check the provided document and advise whether it is correct or amendment needed.
2. SPEED will issue invoice for client payment .
3. On receiving payment , SPEED will release CTN draf with CTN number.
4. On receiving confirmation and providing scan OBL , SPEED will release CTN validation.
6. Client will forward the validated BSC in file pdf to consignee for clearance.
CTN to ALGERIA will be coming soon. We will update the exact date of application and its rule later.
If any questions, please feel free to contact us.